Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by to learn a little more about me. I would love for you to leave a comment below or click the Contact button to tell me about you.
So, obviously, you know I am a photographer…that’s why you’re here! I thought I would share a few fun facts so you can get to know my non-photography side…
- In addition to being a photographer, my main job is as a nurse practitioner (NP). I trained at the University of Pennsylvania & have been an NP for 15+ years. I have worked in the ER, physical rehabilitation/orthopedics and, for the last 6+ years, I have been working for a company within one of the major health insurance groups providing optional home-based assessments for patients who have one of the Medicare insurance plans. I continue to do both my photography business & my NP work because I just love the patients I get to see year after year & I truly am able to provide an amazing service to them with this program. I have seen it make a huge difference in many of their lives.
- I am a fur Mama. I didn’t grow up with any animals so when the time was right, I decided to adopt a kitten from a shelter in Pennsylvania. My sweet Smokey Cat was with me for 14 years; he was a great cat & endured many moves with me (see next bullet point). I adopted Bella in 2012 when she was 5 years old. That sweet girl has come a long way from her super anxious, timid self. She is still one quirky dog, though…but don’t we all have our quirks?
- I grew up in rural Pennsylvania in an area where they still mine Anthracite coal (for those of you familiar with NE PA: Schuylkill County is my home county) From undergrad college until 2014, I moved 16 times & lived in 5 different states other than Pennsylvania. I have been in Phoenix, Arizona since 2010 & it doesn’t look like there are any moves in my near future (THANK GOODNESS!)
- Music is a part of my soul. In 5th grade, I started playing the clarinet & played all through high school & undergrad. I changed to a double major in undergrad adding music to my psychology major & I am forever grateful that I did. My undergrad college, Moravian College, is well known for it’s strong music program. I trained with a fantastic voice teacher & to this day continue to sing. I am in my 8th season as a 2nd Soprano in the The Phoenix Symphony Chorus, one of the most tremendous choruses in which I have had the honor to sing.
A few little quirky things about me:
- I am a complete sap. I am a sensitive soul & wear my heart on my sleeve. I get all teary-eyed with many of my patients & their stories, when I see a beautiful sunset (which is OFTEN here in Phoenix!) and, of course during sessions when there are super sweet moments between family members.
- I am a hugger…big time. I have a very small area of personal space most days but don’t worry…I know most people aren’t like that so just tell me if you prefer to not get any (or too many) Jenn hugs!!
- I laugh really loud. We’re talking full on people turning around to look at you with a side eye kind of loud. My Mom laughed really loud too…I like to think my loud, heartfelt laugh is one way I can have her memory live on through me =)
There you have it: a few non-photography things about me to help you get to know me better. Feel free to follow along on my Instagram to keep up with more of my behind the scenes as well as some recent sessions. See you at your next photo session with me!
Life is short. Capture the moments. Hold on to these images for life.
Portrait Photographer, Nurse Practitioner, Musician, Sentimental Soul